Our Recommended Abu Dhabi Hotels
Abu Dhabi Holidays
Abu Dhabi has always been a special place. But until recently, the emirate remained an undiscovered jewel on the international travel map. Today, more and more overseas visitors are experiencing the magic of this unique and captivating destination. Abu Dhabi offers all the attractions of a top class international resort... plus a taste of something extra. It combines year-round sunshine and superb facilities for leisure and recreation with the spice and mystique of an Arabian adventure.
Steeped in the ancient culture and heritage of Arabia, the strong tradition of desert hospitality lives on in the genuine warmth and friendliness that welcomes the visitor. Abu Dhabi brings together old world charm and cosmopolitan sophistication in a clean and safe environment. It offers a distinctive blend of east and west that appeals to all types of holidaymakers- whether seeking the adventure of a new cultural experience, an action-packed holiday or simply a relaxing escape.
A destination for the discerning traveller, the emirate has something for everyone- from the bustle and excitment of a dynamic 21st century city to endless unspoiled beaches, the tranquility of the deser, rugged mountain scenery and lush green oasis.
5 Reasons to Visit Abu Dhabi
- Eternal Sunshine - The UAE has a sub-tropical, arid climate. Rainfall is infrequent and irregular. Falling mainly in winter, it amounts to a mere 13 centemetres a year. Temperatures range from a low of about 10 degrees celsius to a high of 48 degrees celsius. The mean daily maximum is 24 degrees in January rising to 41 degrees in July. In short, every day is a beautiful day.
- Crystalline Waters - If you are seeking sun, sea and sandy beaches, Abu Dhabi offers miles of clean beaches and shimmering blue seas. You can also visit one of the 200 deserted islands just off Abu Dhabi's shoreline where you can spend the day picknicking and exploring.
- Upscale Dining and Entertainment - Abu Dhabi's cosmopolitan flavour is matched by the city's main upscale restaurants and entertainment spots, which provide a truly international array of choices for the visitor. The city offers a remarkably diverse range of food and beverage outlets. Restaurants cover everything from coffee shops to fine dining and speciality outlets. The nightlife scene is equally varied with many bars, pubs, discos and nightclubs. Standards of international cuisine in Abu Dhabi are high. Top class European restaurants range from French to Italian, Swiss to Mediterranean, Spanish to Greek and British to German. Asia is equally well represented with many fine Chinese, Japanese, Thai and Korean restaurants. There are also several American and Mexican restaurants in the city.
- Shopping Galore - Abu Dhabi is known worldwide for its shopping variety and bargains. The highlight is the Abu Dhabi gold market where artistic jewellry is sold. Abu Dhabi also has upscale malls featuring every luxury designer brand under the sun.
- Dubai and the Neighbouring Emirates - Dubai, with a host of tourist attractions and its famous shopping outlets, is a mere one and a half hour drive from Abu Dhabi. Day trips to the rest of the Emirates can give visitors a glimpse og the diverse aspects of the United Arab Emirates, from the rocky mountains and diving on the coast of Fujairah to the cultural sites and museums of Sharjah, recognised as "the cultural Capital of the Arab World" by UNESCO. Visitors may come for the sun or for business, but they find so much more in Abu Dhabi. It is an intriguing blend of ancient and modern, an appealingly urbane country overflowing with exotic Arabian mystique.